Mess TV runs every night from around 2am until 12 noon the next day. Television is an effective way of communicating in Norway where the population is distributed evenly across a wide geographical area. The show is used by a variety of communities and individuals needing to connect.
I completely rebranded the show with a visual design that reflected the branding guidelines of TV Norge, refined the SMS and MMS interaction scenarios, and advised on linear broadcast and interactive content.
- The show has a standard layout, similar to other SMS television shows, but with a high attention to detail and clean, compact layout
- clean background colours foregrounds the messy user-generated content
- simple use of fonts and colours to lessen the visual overload of multiple messages
- clear divisions between different areas of content
- MMS pictures can be submitted and displayed as part of competitions or themes
We conducted specific audience analysis on themes and content that generated most interest, and adapted the interface to audience demands.
- Location based services, personalisation and competitions
- MMS video diaries: ability for the audience to submit diaries of community projects or daily life, and to allow for some editorial control over editing and presentation, perhaps through an online interface